I have always been the guy who does not like buying the first product he likes. I like to take my time and weigh my options properly before deciding. And this is why I wanted to find out the best free trial mattress. When I invest in something as significant as buying a mattress you gotta be careful.
I have realised that free trials are my best friend in such cases. I get to try mattresses, see how they are and figure out if they have anything for me. I am a picky sleeper, and my girlfriend is quite the opposite, so choosing a mattress is not easy.
You also need to keep your options open before buying a mattress if you are anything like me. I have made this job easy by curating a list of the best mattress free trial options.
Please give it a read and make sure you try all the mattresses mentioned to find one you like and make it yours!
Final Comparison Table
- – Best For Side Sleepers
- – Best For Back Sleepers
- – Best For Front Sleepers
- – Best For Combo Sleepers
- – Best For Couples
- – Best For Hot Sleepers
- – Best For Back Pain
Best Value – Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- Safe Materials are used, sustainable built, and the mattress is climate neutral.
- 365-day trial, forever warranty
- Hypoallergenic, the cover can also be unzipped and washed.
- 5-layer memory foam mattress
- For couples: The motion isolation due to the memory foam on this bed is top-notch. So, if you share a bed with someone, you are highly unlikely to be disturbed by their movement at night.
- For side sleepers: The premium memory foam in this mattress is perfect for side sleepers. It will evenly distribute your weight. You will sleep peacefully without waking up with unusual aches and pains in your body.
- People with allergies: The mattress and cover are made with hypoallergenic materials, implying that you are unlikely to get allergic reactions from this mattress. That makes it safe for people with allergies.
- You are a hot sleeper: The advanced temperature regulation in this mattress can absorb way too much heat, and the mattress can become hot over time.
- You like springs: This mattress is on the firmer side, and people who want soft and springy mattresses when they sleep should avoid it.
This mattress was the perfect choice for me because it had everything I could dream of. I am a hot sleeper, so the temperature control, in the beginning, was an excellent aid for my sleep. However, it got a little uncomfortable over time as the mattress would heat up at night, but it was not noticeable.
One of the best features of this mattress is its 365-day trial. While most mattress trials are a few days to weeks long, you can test this mattress out for 365 days and return it if you do not like it. I enjoyed the mattress and recommended it to people who want to sleep on their side.
Related Read: Best Cheap Mattress For All Positions
Side sleepers will enjoy this mattress because of its even weight distribution technology. The memory foam is perfect for people who sleep on their side as it evenly distributes the weight and makes it easy for you to fall asleep. It is also suitable for people up to 230 lbs.
The 5-layer memory foam is made with sustainable products, and it is climate neutral. The cover has advanced temperature control, and the subsequent layers are made with memory foam and polyfoam. That makes it a very comfortable and firm mattress to sleep on.
This mattress was also great for my injuries. I did not wake up with any shoulder pain in the morning, even though I like to sleep on my side. Moreover, I did not find it uncomfortable to fall asleep at night despite my back pain!
If you do not enjoy sleeping on firm mattresses, this might not be the one for you. However, it was great for me to share this mattress with my girlfriend, and we could both sleep on it comfortably.
Best Luxury Pick – Emma Original Mattress
- Has a pressure-relieving visco-elastic memory foam
- Temperature and moisture regulation with the help of innovative Airgocell foam
- Very supportive with minimum motion transfer
- It comes with side handles for easy movement.
- People who move around a lot: One of the best features of this mattress is motion isolation. If you sleep with someone who moves around a lot, this mattress will ensure your sleep is not disturbed because of their movement.
- For side sleepers: The mattress comes with advanced memory foam. It is incredibly comfortable for people who like to sleep on their sides. The even weight distribution makes it even better for side sleepers.
- For allergic people: You can take the cover off the mattress and wash it frequently to reduce the chances of getting allergic reactions while you sleep.
- You are a hot sleeper: One of the only complaints was that the mattress got too hot during the night when I tried to sleep.
- You like soft beds: If you want to sleep on soft beds and weigh less than 130 lbs, you might find this mattress on the firmer side.
The Emma Original Mattress was an excellent choice for me as a side sleeper. I thoroughly enjoyed sleeping on it and testing it out. The free trial period on this mattress is 200 days, which is comparatively lower than Nectars. However, the mattress also comes with a 10-year warranty.
The comfort level on the Emma mattress was pretty great. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the mattress’s weight distribution, temperature control, and firmness. I weigh 75 kg (165 lbs), so in my opinion, the mattress was on the firmer side. My girlfriend felt the same way as she weighs 41 kg (90 lbs).
While you are not required to flip the mattress, the Emma mattress still comes with side handles. That makes it easier to carry it around and rotate it if necessary. However, flipping the mattress is not required as the top layer is durable memory foam that does not let you down!
The services offered by Emma are top-notch. However, a few customers faced difficulties with their orders and the size of the mattress. Fortunately, I did not have to experience that with my order.
If you have any concerns with your mattress, you could always reach out to their customer service department for a prompt response. They can guide you through the delivery and transport of your ordered item.
Best for Lightweight Sleeper – DreamCloud Mattress
- Hybrid mattress with high-density memory foam
- Innerspring coils provide edge support.
- The cashmere blend cover ensures breathability.
- Complimentary sheets, premium pillows, and mattress protector.
Hot sleepers: I loved this mattress primarily as it allows me to sleep in a dry environment around the year.
Lightweight sleepers: For side sleeping, you will not sink too far. You will get enough support from the foam layers for back sleeping, and while sleeping on the stomach, you will not feel your hips dipping into the mattress.
Those who like bounce: The mattress is highly responsive and makes for the best option for sexual partners and singles who enjoy a bouncy feeling.
Heavyweight sleepers: Sleeping on the side will make you feel extra pressure on your shoulders and hips. At the same time, stomach sleeping will leave your bottom sinking into the mattress.
Couples: Besides having sex, this is not a good match for couples as it does not eliminate motion transfer. I could feel my girlfriend tossing on the side, which messed up my sleep.
Choosing a mattress is hard, and you need to make sure it suits your needs. Well, I jumped at the opportunity that DreamCloud provides.
The brand offers a 365-night trial period for its highest-quality hybrid mattress. Luxury mattresses, especially those that combine both memory foam and coils, are costly, but not in this case. This mattress comes with a lifetime warranty and at relatively reasonable prices.
You can try this mattress for an entire year, and if you are not satisfied, send it back and enjoy a 100% refund. Isn’t that awesome! Except, if you are a lightweight sleeper, you will not feel the need to do so.
I’m an average weight person — 75 kg (165 lbs), and I did not find sleeping on the DreamCloud mattress all that comfortable. While sleeping on the back was still acceptable enough, I could not sleep in my usual position — i.e., on the side. That is because I felt bunched up around my hips and shoulders. The same goes for stomach sleeping.
That being said, you need not worry if you are a lightweight sleeper. That is a medium-firm mattress — 7.5 out of 10, ideal for individuals like you. Additionally, its memory gel foam and cashmere blend cover allow enough breathability. So, if you are a hot sleeper like me, go no further.
Try it for yourself for 365 days, and you will love it!
Best for Average Weight Sleeper – Simba Hybrid Mattress
- Made from 5 layers, including foams and springs
- Comprises Simba-Pure, the foam free of any parabens and chemicals
- Hypoallergenic cover keeps dust at bay.
- Breathable mattress surface along with a highly-ventilated Aerospring layer
- Hot sleepers: The mattress is specially designed to allow high-level ventilation from the top breathable layer to the titanium Aerocoil spring and zoned base.
- Average weight sleepers: While light sleepers may find it too firm, it is too soft for heavy sleepers. Its medium-firm rating makes it ideal for average weight sleepers.
- Side sleepers: It will support your shoulders and hips just right, tucking from every point to provide comfort.
- You are a front sleeper: Too soft for you if you sleep on your stomach as it would sink from under the hips.
- You have a restless partner: The Simba mattress does not provide motion isolation. You will feel your partner move around, even though it is minimal.
The Simba Hybrid Mattress is another excellent option for mattress pickers like you who wish to try it before purchase. This piece comes with a full 200-day free trial, letting you experience both colder and warmer temperatures of the year.
Besides, it has a guarantee of 10 years. So, if you face any trouble during this course, you are liable to get an all-new Simba Hybrid mattress for free!
Yes, it is a fantastic option because some bed types do not support all kinds of mattresses. Resultantly, your expensive purchase goes down the drain within a few years. Simba lets you get past this problem.
Another significant issue that this mattress solves (at least for me) is providing a cool sleeping environment. Apart from a breathable surface, the mattress is backed by an open-cell Simba-Pure layer with moisture-wicking properties.
Its third layer comprises a titanium Aerocoil spring-comfort layer to top it all. That further allows all-around ventilation, allowing you to sleep at peace even in the warmest of temperatures.
What’s more? I found the mattress to be excellent for side sleepers. I like to sleep on the side, and most mattresses make me sink a little too deep, with their coil layer piercing into my body. Hybrid provides just the right balance of firmness — medium, allowing me to sleep comfortably.
I’m an average weight sleeper, which supported my weight almost perfectly. That is, whether I slept on the back or the side. Plus, its cone-shaped coils are soft enough.
One problem I may face is the disturbance when I sleep with my girlfriend. She loves to cuddle (which is perfectly okay). Still, it can get discomforting as this mattress does not isolate motion.
Nevertheless, the Simba Hybrid Mattress is one of the ideal options for a sleeper like me. Also, it comes with a 200-night free trial which is like a cherry on the cake. So, you can go ahead too and try out this superb option.
Best for Heavyweight Sleeper: Helix Plus
- 6-layer hybrid mattress with dense foams and XL coils
- 8-inch tall innerspring coils; more elevated than most other mattresses
- Reinforced edges to prevent sliding
- Can accommodate up to two 260 kg (500 lbs) sleepers
- Heavyweight sleepers: Not only does the mattress have a high weight limit, but its upper layer provides soft support to overweight individuals.
- Couples: The mattress provides motion isolation and edge support – ideal for couples.
- Hot sleepers: Its Tencel cover ensures all-round airflow, exhibiting moisture-wicking properties.
- You are a lightweight sleeper: The mattress might feel significantly firmer to lighter individuals.
- You like a soft feel: If you do not belong to the plus-size category, the mattress will feel relatively firmer, owing to its 7-8 firmness level.
If you are an individual with a larger frame, you probably prefer a softer mattress that sags. Such pieces do not provide enough support, making your body sink too deep.
Helix Plus is specially designed for heavyweight individuals, providing vital support in every position. The thick upper layer provides relief points as you lie down, while its 8-inch tall coils allow you to rest comfortably.
The best part about this piece is its durability, which most plus-size individuals face. This particular mattress uses dense, quality foam, ensuring long-term use. Moreover, the mattress comes with a guarantee period of 10 years. So, even if the mattress sags or reflects problems, you can get it replaced for free.
The prime purpose is to check the trial period, and I love what this mattress offers. It comes with a 100-night trial session, which is enough for you to test its comfort. If you do not find the right firmness level, you might as well return the mattress and get a full refund.
Being an average-weight side sleeper, I found the mattress a tad bit on the firmer side. However, suppose you belong to the average weight or plus size sleeper category. In that case, this mattress is the right amount of soft.
Besides, it has two exceptional qualities, motion isolation and a robust edge, which I don’t usually find. Its strong coils at the side make it easy for me to sleep when my girlfriend comes over as she drives me towards the edge with her cuddles. Additionally, the individually pocketed coils allow me to sleep without movement disturbances.
What’s more? The Helix Plus comes with additional features like compatibility with adjustable beds. Therefore, you can use it for all types of mattresses, adjustable, slat, and more.
Best for Back Sleepers: Ergoflex 5G Mattress
- 5-layer memory foam mattress, including three layers of dense foam
- It comes with a removable cover.,
- Accommodates individuals of varying sizes, with a maximum weight limit of 190 kgs
- Includes a special Cool-Sleep layer to ensure airflow
- Back sleepers: The dense foam ensures you do not sink into the mattress, maintaining a healthy spinal alignment.
- Individuals with allergies: Its unique Tencel cover is hypoallergenic, keeping dust and mites at bay. Plus, you can remove its cover to wash and keep it fresh.
- Hot sleepers: Its unique 5-cm Cool-Sleep Airflow Layer ensures complete ventilation, letting you sleep in a cool environment all night.
- You like a bouncy feel: The mattress is relatively stable, providing minimal motion transfer due to its less bouncy feel.
- You are a stomach sleeper: While this is a firm to medium-firm mattress, stomach sleepers require a soft to medium-soft mattress that prevents their hips section from sinking.
If you are looking for a memory foam luxury mattress at a value, the ErgoFlex 5G is an excellent option. Though the mattress comes with a free trial of only 30 nights, I found it more than enough to make my decision. With its exceptional features, I would have agreed to a 7-night trial as well.
That is why I have included this option in this list despite the relatively shorter trial period. Plus, it has a 10-year worry-free warranty. So, rest assured you are not flushing your money down the drain.
It is a memory foam mattress with high-density foam layers. The first layer is a whopping 9 cm deep, providing the ultimate comfort to your back. As soon as I lay down on the mattress, I could feel the relief in the pressure points, providing the perfect spinal alignment.
Related Read: Top Mattress For Back Sleepers Positions
Keeping all things aside, what made me fall in love with this mattress is its particular Cool-Sleep layer. Present right at the core, this foam prevents any warmth or moisture from building up in the entire mattress. It ensures complete air circulation.
To top it all, the other open-cell memory foam layer is better than the previous versions. This fifth-generation foam allows heat dispersal significantly, with the Tencel cover adding to the breathability. Therefore, it is THE mattress for hot sleepers like me.
I felt completely relaxed and fresh after sleeping on this mattress. Moreover, the cover is anti-bacterial and also washable. It is a complete win-win situation for all you cleanliness freaks out there.
What’s more? The Ergoflex scores 6-7 out of 10 in firmness, slightly on the firmer side. Therefore, it is an excellent choice for chronic back pain. I am one of them due to my sports injury as a teenager. However, I’m not much of a back sleeper.
Still, this mattress meets my needs as well. The Ergoflex 5G contoured my hips and shoulders well without letting me sink deep inside. Plus, it is compatible with adjustable beds — another feature making it hard to ignore!
Buying guide for free trial mattress
You should educate yourself a little before buying a mattress for yourself or even pick one to try. I find it easier to decide when I narrow down my options and choose one mattress out of the best. Here are a few top features to look out for before investing in a mattress.
Depending on your preference and medical history, you should pick a mattress that suits you best. Try not to go for too firm or too soft; a moderately firm mattress that retains its shape is suitable.
If you are a hot sleeper like me, go for a mattress with temperature control in its top layers. This way, you can avoid waking up in a pool of your sweat.
Some mattresses can be extremely pricey. Set a budget and stick to it so you do not overspend on your new mattress.
When you pick a mattress, make sure it has a good brand warranty. Mattresses are not investments you make every year. So, make sure the one you get lasts you a few good years!
If you are allergic to many things, you should opt for a mattress made of hypoallergenic materials. You can enjoy uninterrupted sleep at night without getting allergic reactions from your mattress.