Finding the right mattress when you suffer from joint aches and hip pains is real trouble. That has been a severe problem since no mattress can ever give me the needed comfort. Due to this issue, I have been searching for the right mattress that can give me sound sleep at night.
No matter which mattress I try, I can never be comfortable. Moreover, my sleeping position makes it impossible to find the right mattress. Over the years, not getting the right mattress enhanced my hip pain.
I tried out mattresses from several brands in my search for the right mattress. Slowly, I shortlisted a few mattresses that helped me soothe my hip pain and let me sleep peacefully.
I have listed my top picks for the best mattress for hip pain to help you get a comfortable sleep at night.
Below, I have summarised the best mattress for hip pain. However, additional considerations will help you pick the right mattress.
- Inofia Memory Foam Pocket Sprung Mattress – Best For Side Sleepers
- – Best For Back Sleepers
- – Best For Front Sleepers
- – Best For Combo Sleepers
- Ergoflex 5G Mattress – Best For Couples
- Dreamcloud Hybrid Pocket Spring Mattress – Best For Hot Sleepers
- – Best For Back Pain
Best Value – Nectar Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
- Breathable cover along with gel foam helps stay cool even in hot weather.
- Motions get absorbed by four foam layers and prevent disturbing your partner.
- 365-night trial period
- Forever warranty period where Nectar replaces the mattress at any time
- Side and back-sleepers: The medium firmness of the mattress offers amazing pressure relief to side and back sleepers. The spine is supported by four layers of foam that cushion your pressure points and joints.
- Couples: This memory foam mattress is ideal for couples due to the lack of motion transfer. Even if you move around, your partner will not feel disturbed and wake up.
- Stomach sleepers: Stomach sleepers require more support and minor contouring. Due to the medium firmness of the mattress, stomach sleepers who do not weigh more than 230 lbs (104.3 kg) can use the mattress comfortably.
- Heavyweight sleeper: Memory foam mattresses have a good sink, which would be problematic for heavy sleepers. The spine alignment is thrown out of position if the mattress sinks too much. So heavyweight people will not receive the desired hip support.
- You move a lot: The Nectar memory foam mattress lacks bounce. That can be bad for people who change positions often while sleeping.
Nectar is the name that comes into mind when you think about a bed-in-a-box mattress. This mattress contains four foam layers with a thickness of 11 inches. In addition, you will find the top layer made from a quilted gel cover and a gel memory foam layer.
Related Read: Top Cheap Mattresses In The UK
Below this is a hi-core adaptive memory foam layer. Finally, at the base, you will find high-density foam. These four layers give you the immense comfort needed for a good night’s sleep. This mattress is ideal for lightweight and medium weight sleepers who want to relieve their hips and shoulders pressure.
The medium-firm mattress offers you a small sink required for contouring your body. It ensures that you get the needed support in the pressure points. The top layer is relatively soft, with the other three layers holding firmness.
Being a side sleeper, I have found this mattress very comfortable. I found the memory foam to be excellent in terms of lumbar support. I did not feel any pain in my hips and shoulders after waking up.
The mattress is also suitable for stomach sleepers but to a certain weight. Heavyweight people will not be comfortable since it will sink and not give them the desired support. However, a stomach sleeper weighing less than 230 lbs will find the mattress suitable.
Nectar mattress uses memory foam that does not emit any chemical smell familiar with new foam. Moreover, the material used is highly breathable. You will remain cool and not sweat profusely, which is generally an issue with memory foam.
Nectar Sleep offers a forever warranty and a 365-night trial period on their mattresses. That makes it easy for users to return the mattress if they do not find it suitable.
Luxury Pick – Tempur Cloud Mattress
- Major motion isolation to prevent disturbance
- Relives pressure points for better sleep
- Lack of chemical smell emission
- Multi-layer construction
- Side sleepers: This is one of the most suitable mattresses for side sleepers. The high-density luxury foam hugs the body and keeps it comfortable at night.
- Couples: Couples need beds with high motion isolation. That is present in the mattress, so one person will not feel the motion if the other moves. It also makes getting up and getting into the bed easy.
- Budget shoppers: People looking for a budget-friendly option would love this mattress. It is an economical option with several features.
- Stomach sleeper: The mattress provides excess conforming, unsuitable for stomach sleepers. Extreme hugs can destroy the posture of stomach sleepers and intensify hip pain.
- Hot sleeper: The memory foam used in this mattress does not successfully eliminate hot air. That makes you sweat at night, which is very uncomfortable.
People looking for luxury foam mattresses will find the Tempur Cloud suitable. This mattress has high-density polyfoam and plush memory foam. It is exceptionally great for people who suffer from hip pain and cannot sleep comfortably.
You May Like: Best Mattress If You Have A Bad Back
Tempur Cloud stands up to its name and makes you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. It may make you feel the mattress is only, but it is also firm enough to support your body posture. The softness is present in the top layer, but the layers beneath it are firm.
The top-most cover is constructed from 360-degree stretch fabric. This material lets the sleeper move quickly without any discomfort. In addition, the fabric is moisture-wicking, due to which you remain cool while sleeping.
Below the cover is the Tempur® material which is similar to memory foam. This material provides you with an excellent response when pressure is put on it—people who love sinkage while sleeping would feel comfortable in the mattress.
Next is another Tempur® material, but it is firmer than the previous layer. That keeps the mattress from sinking deeper than required. This layer keeps the mattress firm even when it is sinking.
You will find a high-density thick poly foam layer at the mattress base. The third and base layer together curbs the sinkage from the two top layers. It ensures that the mattress remains in shape and offers stability.
Since I have persisting hip problems, I often wake up with intense pain in my hip. I have found this mattress to be good support for my pressure points. However, stomach sleepers may feel uncomfortable due to the deep sinkage.
Budget Pick – Happy Beds Ortho Royale Orthopaedic Mattress
- Supportive and firm feeling
- Pocket springs that give enhanced uplift
- Provides value for money
- Damask covering that keeps you comfortable.
- Hot sleepers: The mattress has unique airflow technology that keeps you cool at night. That is due to the open-coil design, where the airflow is constant.
- Side sleepers: The mattress contours the body very nicely. It ensures that the back and hips are aligned perfectly, which is necessary for side sleepers.
- Couples: The presence of springs makes it suitable for couples. These pocketed springs enhance the motion isolation of the mattress. If one partner moves, the other will not feel the movement.
- Stomach sleeper: The mattress is medium to firm. However, it is not suitable for stomach sleepers since the springs will keep the posture at an odd angle. In addition, it will put pressure on the back since the hips will keep protruding out.
- You cannot maintain: The mattress needs a turn every once in a while. Moreover, you need to keep the mattress properly to last long. However, people who cannot spend much time on maintenance should not opt for this mattress.
Happy Beds Ortho Royale Orthopaedic Mattress is a medium-firm mattress with multiple spring layers. In addition, this mattress has an open-coil construction that ensures proper air circulation. It is due to this construction that the mattress stays cool at night. That is perfect for people who sleep hot at night.
It is clear from the mattress name that this is an orthopaedic mattress good for people with hip pain. This 25 cm thick mattress has hand-stitched handles that make movement easy. In addition, there are air vents that emit stale air that usually builds up in the mattress.
The mattress has a cover that is damask woven along with satin pads and polyester. There are also springs in the mattress that gives it the much-needed bounce. People who suffer from hip pain need a mattress with pleasing sinkage but is also moderately firm. It should also have a slight bounce to get in and out without putting much pressure.
One thing I loved about the mattress was the edge support and bounce present on the edges. That made it easy for me to get out of the bed without putting pressure on my hips. Also, the springs were present in the middle and on the edges, which made movement easy for me.
The mattress comes with a five-year warranty, making it easy for you to exchange or return the mattress in case of damage. It is also available at a very budget-friendly price and has some of the most impressive features. It also features a very traditional design that many people like
Best for Lightweight Sleepers – Emma Original Mattress
- Multiple layers consisting of Airgocell foam and visco-elastic foam
- Hybrid mattress with pocketed coils
- Medium soft firmness
- 200-night trial
- Couples: Mattresses that have less motion transfer is ideal for couples. This mattress ensures that the other does not feel the vibration if one person gets up. That lets both partners enjoy a sound sleep with minimal disturbance.
- Side sleepers: The Airgocell technology coupled with the memory foam makes it an excellent choice for side sleepers. This mattress will provide amazing support and softness to you, which will enhance your comfort level.
- Users who love the sinkable feeling: This mattress gives you a fantastic sinkable feeling without smothering you. If you love a soft feel while sleeping, you cannot go wrong with this mattress.
- Heavyweight sleepers: The mattress is not the right choice for heavyweight users. This mattress lacks the needed firmness to provide spine support to heavy users.
- Stomach sleepers: The sink will not suit your posture if you are a stomach sleeper. You would not get the needed support on your hips in such a position, resulting in pain.
The name might suggest an old model, but it is not the brand’s first product. The Emma Original has a straightforward construction made of three layers:
- In the top layer, you will find Airgocell foam of 3 cm. This layer provides ventilation and relieves pressure from your joints.
- The second layer is visco-elastic memory foam of 2 cm and provides support and pressure relief.
- In the base layer, the company has offered supportive cold foam. That is the thickest layer at 19 cm. The presence of this layer keeps the body supported. That is regardless of the weight and sleeping position.
The top of this mattress has a temperature-regulating, removable and machine-washable cover. In addition, there are handles on the mattresses’ sides that make moving it more accessible. Moreover, you will not have to turn or flip the mattress. That makes it easy to set up and even use without any movement.
The mattress is medium-firm but soft enough to give your body the needed support. I am not a lightweight person, but the mattress offers me fantastic support and bounce. Earlier I used mattresses to sink in with my weight and not come back up. That made it difficult for me to get out of the mattress without pressure or even stay in it.
With Emma Original Mattress, this is not something I had to worry about. However, as soon as I sit on it, there is a momentary sink, and the springs push back up!
Comfort is another essential feature of the mattress. People suffering from hip pain will need proper support, which is received from the mattress. In addition, this mattress ensures that your spine remains straight no matter which position you are sleeping in.
Another great thing about the mattress is the lack of chemical smell. Off-gassing is very common in new mattresses but not in the Emma Original mattress.
Best for Side Sleepers – Inofia Memory Foam Pocket Sprung Mattress
- Provides immense value for money
- An extremely durable and high-quality mattress
- 10-year manufacturer’s warranty
- 101-night trial period
- Side sleepers: This mattress has pocket springs suitable for side sleepers. It also keeps bounce that lets you get up from the easy and get into it.
- People with hip pain: The mattress ensures that your pressure points are relieved. It moulds according to the shape of your body but does not get attached.
- Hot sleepers: If you sleep hot, then the air breathability of the fabric keeps you cool. Even in hot weather, you will not feel hot due to the presence of pores that keeps airflow constant.
- Stomach sleepers: Like most memory foam mattresses, this is not suitable for stomach sleepers. You will need to opt for a firmer mattress to maintain a proper posture while sleeping.
- Heavyweight sleepers: The sinking feeling may be good for most users but not suitable for heavyweight users. This sink will make it difficult for them to quickly get up from the bed. It will also impact their posture and comfort.
Inofia mattress has been in the market for a long time and is known for their exceptional quality. This mattress is available in single, small double, double, king and queen sizes. They are an excellent option for people who want budget-friendly mattresses for hip pain.
They are affordable, but these mattresses also provide value for money. This mattress is a combination of pocket springs and memory foam. That is perfect for a side sleeper like me who remains uncomfortable with most mattresses.
The pocket springs give me the needed bounce and align my spine in the side sleeping position. As a result, when I wake up, I suffer no stiffness or pain like I usually would from any other mattress.
The mattress offers excellent air circulation, which is perfect for people who sleep hot. It is necessary because memory foam often cuts off air circulation.
The support provided by the mattresses is also excellent. With pocket springs, people can be comfortable in different positions. So even if you are a stomach sleeper, you will get the necessary support and not sink into the mattress.
The springs also provide an additional bounce that makes it easy to get in and out of bed. It also relieves joint aches and back pain. This mattress also has better motion isolation than what you get in a complete memory foam mattress.
Due to the motion isolation feature, you will not disturb your partner or anyone else sleeping on the same bed. Whether you get in, get out or move in the bed, the other person will feel minimal motion effects.
Best for Hot Sleepers – Dreamcloud Hybrid Pocket Spring Mattress
- The hybrid model uses pocketed coils, polyfoam and memory foam.
- Medium-firm mattress suitable for most sleepers
- Multi-layer construction
- Excellent airflow to provide a cool sleeping experience
- Back sleepers: The DreamCloud Luxury Hybrid is an excellent mattress for back sleepers who suffer from back pain. This mattress has pocket springs that give proper support and cushion the body for comfortable sleep.
- Hot sleepers: The mattress comes with gel-infused memory foam that keeps you cool at night. That is highly recommended for hot sleepers since they will not sweat or feel uncomfortable using this mattress.
- Couples: The motion isolation in this mattress is exceptional. That makes it suitable for couples. Even if one partner moves, the other will face very minimal disturbance.
- Stomach sleeper: Even though the mattress is medium-firm, it does not have enough firmness to support stomach sleepers. Moreover, the mattress will disrupt your spine and back alignment due to the heavy contouring.
- Lightweight sleeper: If you weigh less than 130 lbs, the mattress might not suit you.
The Dreamcloud hybrid pocket spring mattress uses pocketed coils, memory foam and polyfoam. Dreamcloud is widely known for using only high-quality materials for all its mattresses. In addition, this mattress provided medium firmness, which is suitable for most types of sleepers.
Due to the presence of pocket coils, the support is exceptional. That ensures that the sleepers receive good relief from their pressure points. However, this mattress is extremely loved by side sleepers.
Dreamcloud has five layers that make it one of the most comfortable mattresses for people suffering from hip pain. The top layer consists of a cooling layer that helps you sleep cool. It gives the exceptional sleeper cosiness, letting them sleep peacefully at night.
In the second layer, you will find breathable memory foam. This layer cradles your body and prevents it from sinking into the mattress. Finally, the third foam layer consists of a transitional support layer which gives spinal support and moderate response. It also takes relief on your pressure points.
In the fourth layer, you will find the 15cm Activedge™ Coils. Along with the third layer, these coils are responsible for the firmness present in the mattress. Finally, the bottom layer consists of supportive foam that absorbs the motion.
One of the main things about this mattress that has made sleep comfortable is constant airflow. I am a hot sleeper, which means I sweat even when moderately cool weather. I have understood, over time, that this occurs mainly due to the lack of airflow in the memory foam.
Dreamcloud takes care of this by actually working as a cloud. As a result, the airflow is fantastic, and I do not have to wake up drenched in my sweat every morning.
Best for Intense Hip Pain – Sleepeezee Backcare Ultimate 2000 Pocket Mattress
- 2000 pocketed springs for comfort and support
- Eradicated pressure points to align the spine and back.
- It helps people with hip pain to sleep peacefully.
- 60-night sleep trial
- Side and back sleepers: This is an orthopaedic mattress ideal for side and back sleepers. The mattress contours your body and ensures that the spine gets aligned in the correct position.
- People with allergies: The mattress contains non-allergenic material that is good for people with allergies. This material also prevents the build-up of dust mites.
- Intense hip pain: The wool and cashmere layers of the mattress make it soft and snugly. Along with that, the mattress provides proper support for enhanced alignment.
- Stomach sleeper: The mattress is very soft and unsuitable for a stomach sleeper. Stomach sleepers might experience enhanced pain due to the medium firmness.
- Heavyweight sleeper: This mattress will not give you the necessary support if you are heavyweight. Even if you are a back or side sleeper, there are chances of you sinking into the mattress.
The Sleepeezee Backcare Ultimate 2000 Pocket Mattress belongs to a line of high-end Sleepeezee mattresses. This mattress is the perfect option for people looking for backcare orthopaedic mattresses.
I was thrilled about using this mattress since it greatly soothed my chronic hip pain. The presence of 2000 pocket springs made the mattress supportive. While sleeping on it, I get the correct alignment, but the springs prevent me from sinking. Even when I change sides, I do not sink in or pressure my hips or shoulders.
The top part of the spring contours your body, and the lower provides support and comfort. Due to so many numbers springs, the sleeper gets immense support. Different layers are used in the mattress that, contribute to its support and high quality. These layers are of cashmere, polyester and wool.
The Belgian Damask cover is soft and hygienic. This cover makes movement easy without putting in much effort. There is a wool layer for additional comfort and works as an insulator keeping you cool during the summer and warm during the winter.
The cashmere layer is also very soft and gives you immense comfort. With the presence of the polyester layer, the mattress will provide exceptional support and make it more durable. It is also a non-allergenic material suitable for people who suffer from allergies.
A great thing about this mattress is the Sanitized® Sleep Surface. This surface prevents dust mites from infesting your mattress. It also requires minimum maintenance, and you do not have to turn it in. However, regular rotation can increase the lifespan of the mattress.
Best for Couples – Ergoflex 5G Mattress
- High-quality mattress at an affordable price range
- Offers orthopaedic support to the users
- Three layers for exceptional comfort
- 10 years warranty
- Sleepers with intense hip pain: the mattress has three layers and a cover layer. These layers help in contouring the body and giving it the proper alignment. It makes the mattress suitable for people who suffer from hip pain.
- Budget shoppers: The mattress features luxury foam but is available at a budget-friendly price. People who do not wish to spend much on their mattress but need good quality would love this mattress.
- Couples: If you suffer from aches and pain and sleep with a partner, the biggest problem is movement. If your partner moves, you will feel the vibration which can cause discomfort. The mattress has reduced motion transfer, which solves this problem.
- Hot sleeper: If you are a hot sleeper and sweat in your sleep, this mattress would not be the best option. The airflow in the mattress is not as good as its other competitors.
- You are indecisive: The brand provides a 30-night trial which is not enough for understanding if the mattress is suitable. If you are uncertain about the mattress and want to test it, it is better not to do so in a short trial period.
The Ergoflex 5G or 5th Generation mattress is well-known for its quality memory foam. Ergoflex mattresses are OEKO-TEX, and Certi-PUR certified. That means that the mattresses maintain very high standards of cleanliness and hygiene. They are also made sustainably, which makes them the perfect choice.
Ergo 5G has three main layers with the additional cover layer. The cover layer is made from Tencel, which is a breathable material. This layer keeps you cool and ensures that even on hot days. Below the cover is the first layer of visco-elastic memory foam. This layer is 9 cm and helps contour the body.
The presence of this layer ensures that you get a weightless feeling. In addition, it relieves the pressure points in different sleeping positions. The third layer is a Cool-Sleep Airflow foam of 5 cm in an egg-crate shape. The third layer provides motion isolation and lets two people sleep peacefully.
The last layer is a high-resilience foam of 9 cm. This layer ensures that your spine gets the desired support. These three layers ensure that you receive overall comfort. The quality of material used in these layers makes the difference between comfort and discomfort.
One thing that stood out for me in this mattress was the excellent motion isolation. I move around a lot in my sleep, which often wakes up my girlfriend. So the vibrations are hard to ignore, and the whole mattress moves. However, the vibrations were minimal in the Ergoflex 5G.
I even changed sides consciously to see if it woke up my girlfriend. Surprisingly that did not happen! So that makes the mattress perfect for couples, especially those who frequently change sleeping positions.
Frequently Asked Questions
I had numerous queries when searching for the best mattress for hip pain. Hence, I am sure you would also have specific queries. To help you with your decision, I will list down some common questions that arise while choosing the mattress and answer them.
Which type of mattress would be suitable if I have hip pain?
I have understood from my hip pain that it is hard to find the right mattress. Either some are too soft while others are too firm. The right mattress would be one that would have medium firmness along with proper support and cushion.
It is necessary that the mattress hugs the right places and improves the spinal alignment. That is especially important for side sleepers like me who find it challenging to stay comfortable. Therefore, I search for mattresses that alleviate the pressure points.
A mattress that prevents excessive sinkage is the right one for a side sleeper. It is, in fact, suitable for all sleeping positions. The weight of the sleeper also impacts the mattress that you choose.
Sleepers who are lightweight would find soft mattresses suitable. On the other hand, heavyweight sleepers would do well with a firmer mattress. Side sleepers like me would also find it comfortable if the mattress had extra padding near the hips.
Generally, a medium-firm mattress would work well for all sleepers with hip pain.
What mattress can I use if I am a side sleeper?
The real trouble with side sleepers is finding a mattress that lets you sleep soundly at night. Unfortunately, from my experience, I have found that most mattresses do not work well for me. Instead, it increases my hip pain and disrupts my sleep.
My side sleeping position exaggerated my hip pain. That is because when sleeping sideways, the spine is not in alignment. That is what causes the pain to increase, and my body becomes stiff when I wake up in the morning.
If side sleepers need to get rid of hip pain, choosing a mattress cushions their spine is necessary. The mattress should have padding around the hips and shoulders. It creates a proper balance of support and contouring, essential for relieving pressure points.
Hybrid or all-foam mattresses with multiple memory foam layers can be a good choice. That is because the material conforms to your hips evenly. However, depending on how much you weigh, the firmness of the mattress will vary.
How firm should my mattress be to support my hip pain?
One major issue I faced while choosing a mattress to support my hip pain was the firmness level. Most brands did not offer the firmness level that they promised. On the other hand, it is hard to know which firmness would keep me comfortable.
Medium-soft to firm is the most suitable. This firmness level would balance support and contouring around your hip area. Moreover, it also aligns your spine correctly to enhance your sleeping posture.
Even though this firmness level is suitable, finding the perfect one requires trial and error. The firmness that is suitable for me may not be ideal for you. In fact, despite the mentioned firmness level, you may face elevated hip pain depending on the brand you choose.
Your body weight and sleeping position will also come into consideration. A medium-soft to firm would be good if you are a side sleeper like me. Back sleepers may find medium-soft firmness suitable since their spine is already in proper alignment.
However, stomach sleepers need a firmer mattress since they need minimum sinkage. The same goes for heavyweight people since a soft mattress will lead to sinking.
How will the mattress construction affect my hip pain?
You will find that the mattress construction significantly impacts your hip pain. Based on my research, I have mentioned some of the common materials used and how it affects you.
Memory Foam: This material offers good support and pressure relief. However, this depends on the firmness level you choose. If the density is more than 5, the firmness may be too high to be comfortable. Choosing between the 3 and 5 density ranges is better if you have hip pain.
Latex Foam: There are different latex materials, which would make a lot of difference. This material is generally present in the top and middle layers. Latex foam is quite bouncy and airy, giving it a sponge-like feeling. This bounce will let you be comfortable if you have hip pain. However, if you have a latex allergy, it is better to avoid this material.
Gel Memory Foam: I have found the gel memory foam to be a very comfortable material. This material prevents the body from overheating. That means you can remain cool while sleeping at night. Moreover, the material hugs your body and keeps your posture intact to reduce hip pain.
Will memory foam be suitable for hip pain?
The simple answer to this question would be yes. However, memory foam would be a considerably safer option if you suffer from hip pain. It is because the top layer is generally thick. That lets you sink into the mattress and relieves pressure from the hips.
However, not all memory foam mattresses are good for you. You need to be very careful about the type of memory foam you choose. Quality makes a huge change, and I have seen this while testing different memory foam mattresses.
The important thing is to find a memory foam mattress where your spine and hips will be in a proper alignment. If you choose the poor quality memory foam, your hips and spine may get misaligned.
That will increase your hip pain, and you will feel immense pain once you wake up in the morning. Firmness is necessary for this aspect, but the quality is the first thing you should look for.
How do I find a suitable mattress if I have shoulder and hip pain?
Shoulder and hip pains are localised injuries. That is why you need a mattress, depending on how it affects your hips and shoulders. That does not mean you ignore the comfort of the rest of your body. However, you need to pay attention to your shoulder, and a hip feel.
I take some basic considerations in mind when selecting a mattress for myself. The first thing is to understand the actual injury area. For example, you need to determine if your hip is the only point of injury or if it is both your hip and shoulder.
Understanding your sleeping position is necessary so that you know the firmness level. For example, you will need a medium soft-firm mattress if you are a side sleeper like me or a back sleeper. However, if you are a stomach sleeper, you would require the mattress to be on a high firm level.
If you like any particular mattress construction, you could opt for the same. Moreover, you need to know where your hip pain is emerging from. Make sure you understand the intensity of the injury and see how the mattress would affect your pain.
What are the correct sleeping positions for a person with hip pain?
Ever since I have suffered from hip pain, I have tried to determine the proper sleeping position to comfort me. Unfortunately, I am a side sleeper, which often affects my hip and back pain.
I wanted to understand if I needed to change my sleeping position or if the right mattress would help me out.
Side sleeper: Side sleeping can increase hip and back pain. However, using a mattress that belongs to the medium soft-firm range would solve this issue. The idea is to ensure that the hip and spine are correctly aligned. If you are a side sleeper, you need a mattress that relieves your pressure points.
Back sleeper: Back sleeping is the best position if you have hip pain. When you sleep on your back, the spine pressure is released. Your spine is naturally curvature, and a form mattress would make your posture better. However, ensure that the mattress does not sag at the hips.
Stomach sleeper: If you suffer from hip pain, stomach sleeping is the worst position. In this position, your back faces immense pain. That disrupts the alignment of your spine and increases the pain. You could try putting a pillow under your pelvis and stomach to rectify the alignment. Moreover, you need a firm mattress to ensure that the curvature and alignment of your back and spine are perfectly balanced.
I hope this list is beneficial for you to decide which is the best mattress for hip pain. The mattresses mentioned above have their unique selling point, so it’s essential to understand your needs and choose a mattress that works best for you.