A mattress addiction like mine can be pretty costly – all you want to do is try new beds! Although it’s a given, this situation made it evident that most people look for budget-friendly mattresses.
You do not have to be filthy rich to afford a cushy mattress for a good night’s sleep. Silentnight mattresses prove that time and again! While their pocket spring mattresses are the most popular, their product line has something for everyone.
Their mattresses give me the perfect balance between affordable price and extra pillowy quality. I slept like a baby, with no tension about money or chronic back problems!
Let me give you my detailed view of the top picks for the best Silentnight mattress without further ado.
- – Best For Side Sleepers
- – Best For Back Sleepers
- – Best For Front Sleepers
- – Best For Combo Sleepers
- – Best For Couples
- Silentnight Eco Comfort Breathe Pocket 1200 Double-Size Mattress – Best For Hot Sleepers
- Silentnight Comfort Miracoil Essentials Double-Size Mattress – Best For Back Pain
Best Value – Silentnight 3 Zone Memory Foam Double-Size Mattress
- 3 zone support system for optimal comfort
- 3 cm layer of memory foam with medium firm tension
- Purotex-treated soft knitted cover
- Single-sided for convenient care
- For side sleepers: The memory foam safely allows your shoulders to sink into the mattress as you sink into a deep sleep. As a side sleeper, I can vouch for this!
- For allergy sufferers: The mattress is treated with Purotex to keep the mattress dry and dust-free for allergy sufferers.
- For back sleepers: The Slientnight 3 Zone Memory Foam Mattress gives the perfect balance of soft and firm to support back sleepers while giving a plushy feeling.
- Heavyweight sleepers: The medium firm tension and depth will not be enough for sleepers with an above-average build of over 100 kg (220 lbs).
- Hot sleepers: Since memory foam tends to trap heat, I found that hot sleepers such as myself might feel warm during the night.
The Slientnight Zone 3 Memory Foam Mattress presents you with a sleep haven on the budget for everyone!
It uses the classic choice for mattress types, memory foam, to give you a pleasant rest. The foam moulds to your body as you move around while sleeping. Whether you are a back sleeper or a side sleeper – the sleep will be more than comfortable for you.
Moreover, the final layer of the mattress was made with a soft-knitted cover. I felt like melting into the sinking cushy feel of the mattress.
What stands out most about this mattress is how it cradles your body with its signature 3 support zones. It is split into three different support zones – firm for the hips and lower back and medium-soft for the shoulders. So your back remains aligned while your head and shoulders sink into the snuggly mattress!
Is sneezing giving you sleepless nights? Well, you can say goodbye to that with this mattress! The team at Slientnight uses Purotex, a probiotic treatment that makes the mattress resistant to dust particles or moisture. This treatment creates a healthy sleeping environment for you, so you catch up on your sleep without feeling stuffy.
If you are worried about the extra maintenance costs driving up the price, don’t be. Silentnight specifically designed the comfort layers one-sided so that the need to flip will never arise!
In this price range, finding a mattress that contours every part of your body with an individual support zone is not easy. As I tried this out, I could feel the pressure-relieving support system working its magic for my back issues. So naturally, I chose this as my ultimate pick!
Luxury Pick – Silentnight Geltex Ultra 3000 Double-Size Mattress
- Soothing layers of Ultraflex and Geltex
- Double-layered Mirapocket support system with medium to firm tension
- Purotex-treated micro-quilted cover
- Single-sided for convenient care
- For heavyweight sleepers: Heavyweight people will prefer the firm yet comfy feel of this mattress and the extra level of support it gives.
- For hot sleepers: The Geltex foam provides a cooler surface to prevent uncomfortable warmth during the night. It definitely kept me feeling cool and fresh!
- For back sleepers: Your back will feel supported with the medium to firm tension level and the layers of 3,000 pocket springs.
- For couples: Individual responsive pocket springs provide you and your sleeping partner with tailored support for maximised comfort.
- Side sleepers: The medium firm tension may not be soft enough for side sleepers who want a very cushy feel on the shoulders.
- Budget-minded buyers: If budget is a priority, this mattress coming under Silentnight’s expensive line will not work out for you.
Sleepers should not underestimate Silentnight when it comes to providing luxury-level beds. With a flashy name like Geltex Ultra, you know this Silentnight mattresswill give you luxurious comfort.
This mattress comes with 4 cm layers of Geltex foam. Geltex is a gel-infused foam that uses elastic gel and air-permeable foam to eradicate the issues you face with memory foam. Geltex quickly responds to the curves of your back, which is ideal for back sleepers. No more slow re-shaping issues!
The Geltex comfort layer works with Ultraflex – a 1,000 mini pocket springs layer. You will feel the perfect harmony between these two layers. When you put your immediate weight on the bed, Ultraflex evenly distributes the weight from your body’s pressure points. The stress relief I got from this was immense.
Underneath Ultraflex, you have another layer of Silentnight’s trademark Mirapocket support system. It is a layer of 2,000 individually pocketed springs that support the mini springs and, thereby, you! This mattress will give your back the right amount of stability and support for blissful sleep.
Do you and your sleeping partner have different sleeping styles? In that case, the individual springs will provide you both with something different for personalised comfort.
As you are sleeping, you can barely tell the tailored movement of the springs, thanks to the quilted cover.
Since Geltex is more breathable than memory foam, it maximises airflow circulation. You will feel the cool air passing all around you. As a hot sleeper, I felt the breathability of this mattress was just right to stop me from running hot all night!
Moreover, the cool air flow combined with the Purotex treated cover will ensure all allergy sufferers enjoy a sneeze-free sleep!
I was sold on the idea of owning this mattress when I felt unparalleled breathability and back support. The combination of soothing Geltex foam and the firm strength of 3,000 pocket springs is perfect for someone like me with chronic back issues.
Best For Lightweight Sleepers – Silentnight Mirapocket 1000 Geltex Pillow Top Double-Size Mattress
- 4 cm deep Geltex comfort layer
- Mirapocket support system with 1,000 pocket springs and medium tension
- Extra-soft pillow top for cushioning support
- Purotex-treated soft knitted cover
- For lightweight sleepers: The spring count combined with the cloud-like feel of Geltex foam is ideal for petite sleepers who prefer soft mattresses.
- For side sleepers: The soft comfort layers topped with a knitted mattress cover will provide enough cushioning for the shoulders of side sleepers.
- For edge sleepers: The Silentnight Mirapocket 1000 Geltex Pillow Top Mattress gives advanced comfort with a pillowtop cover that provides edge-to-edge support.
- Heavyweight sleepers: Heavyweight sleepers prefer firmer mattresses over softer ones to prevent their midsections from sinking into the mattress.
- Sleepers with back pain: If you suffer from back issues, you will require firm to extra firm tension.
It is the best Silentnight mattress for lightweight sleepers who want that plushy feel of a soft mattress. You will feel the pillowy comfort deep within the layers of the mattress.
Although the spring count is just 1,000, this will provide optimal support for lightweight sleepers. The Mirapocket support system will contour the curves of your body without putting too much pressure on your sensitive points. So you will have the guarantee of a restful sleep all night!
The Mirapocket support system of 1,000 individual pocket springs pairs well with the gel-infused bouncy foam layer. There is a good level of support for pressure relief from the lower back and spine and extra cushioning. You can barely tell the springs are moving to support your body as the Geltex layer softens the feel of metal springs.
The hugging feel of the Geltex foam will make you feel all warm and cosy, ready to drown in a deep sleep! As you twist and turn in your sleep, the springs and foam bounce back almost immediately to create a responsive sleep system!
Soft knitted pillowtop cover cushions your body for a luxurious feel and sleep. The cover has been given a Purotex treatment to allow healthier sleep. You wake up feeling more refreshed without any inconvenience from dust particles.
The Geltex foam and pillowtop comfort layer are perfect harmonies to provide edge-to-edge support. If you are an edge sleeper, you will particularly enjoy this as you will no longer have to deal with the rough edges of the bed!
Optimum performance has remained consistent throughout the years, even without turning the mattress over. This is one of the many Silentnight mattresses that are single-sided. You will never feel any sags or dips in the bed and thereby never need to flip the mattress.
From the moment you lie on this mattress, you get the support of a firm mattress without the feel of one. Hence, lightweight sleepers will love it. It may seem expensive for some, but it can be worth the investment when you think of how well it caters to your needs.
Best For Average Weight Sleepers – Silentnight 1200 Pocket Deluxe Mattress
- Made with Eco Comfort fibres and breathable material
- Mirapocket support system with 1,200 spring count and medium to firm tension
- Purotex-treated knitted fabric cover
- Hand-tufted to secure all plush fillings
- For average weight sleepers: The pocket spring count is perfect for an average-sized person who prefers something midway between a firm and plushy feel.
- For hot sleepers: The mattress is made of sustainable and breathable material to improve air circulation for all-night cooling.
- For back sleepers: The hand-tufted Mirapocket support system and comfort layers give your back consistent support throughout the night!
- For stomach sleepers: The firm support with a pillowy mattress cover gives just the right amount of stability and cushioning to stomach sleepers.
- For couples: Individual pocket springs provide tailored support for you and your partner without any transfer of movement.
- Lightweight side sleepers: The medium to firm tension may not be soft enough for lightweight sleepers who like something cushy while sleeping on their sides.
- Heavyweight sleepers: This mattress is less than ideal for heavyweight sleepers who prefer something firmer.
The Classic 1200 Pocket Spring Mattress is the best Silentnight mattress for average-sized sleepers. Although the spring count of 1,200 is not the highest, it does provide sufficient responsiveness for the average body type. It gives firm support to your hips and lowers back without putting too much pressure. So you will still get a comfortable sleep at the end of the day!
It leverages the Micropocket system with 1,200 individually pocketed springs to provide optimal body support. You will feel the zoned support as each spring moves according to your body’s pressure points. Once you settle in, the springs align just right for a relaxing night’s sleep.
The zoned support also works great for couples! Thanks to the personalised zonal support, you feel no movement transfer from your partner’s side. Both of you get a restful sleep without any disturbances waking you up in the middle of the night.
This particular Silentnight Micropocket mattress comes with Eco Comfort fibres. Eco Comfort fibres are 100% sustainable materials. So you can imagine just how impeccable the breathability of this mattress is. From the moment you go to sleep to waking up, you will feel the cool airflow.
This airflow will remain healthy throughout the night due to the Purotex treatment that fights off any dust or mites.
All the plushy comfort layers are secured in place with a hand-tufted cover. There will be no sagging or dips since the fillings are not available for shifting in such cases. Moreover, tufted covers have a firm finish that will give your back pressure relief support. Nevertheless, you will still feel snuggled with the pillow’s cloud-like knitted cover!
The Classic 1200 Pocket Deluxe mattress is also part of their green initiative for making eco-friendly mattresses. So bonus point – just by using this mattress for sleep, you can do your part for the environment!
Best For Heavyweight Sleepers – Silentnight Miracoil Memory Mattress
- Memory foam for responsive sleep system
- Miracoil support system with interwoven springs and firm tension
- Soft knit mattress cover for luxurious comfort
- Purotex-treated for a hypoallergenic mattress
- For heavyweight sleepers: Interwoven open coil system provides firm stability to the lower back for a comfortable sleep!
- For stomach sleepers: Miracoil support system will perfect your sleeping spinal alignment while the memory foam cushions your belly as you sleep on your stomach.
- For couples: The zonal support maximises tailored sleeping space for you and your partner to reduce disturbance.
- Lightweight sleepers: Lightweight sleepers will feel a lot of stress in their pressure-sensitive areas due to the firm tension level of this mattress.
- Hot sleepers: The memory foam may trap heat that makes hot sleepers feel even hotter during the night.
Silentnight’s Miracoil and memory foam hybrid mattress is ideal for a soothing sleep for heavyset people.
Miracoil support system will do its magic with the small individual springs linked together. To further the firm stability of the mattress, the coils are connected by the wire vertically rather than horizontally. It will ensure that the weight gets evenly distributed when you lie on the bed.
The coils also provide separate comfort zones. Couples will no longer suffer from destructive sleeping patterns. But will enjoy the hug of the memory foam and the strength of the coils tailored to your needs. So you can adjust your sleeping position while your partner continues to sleep like a baby!
While the coils offer extra firm support, you also access the blissful comfort of a body moulding memory foam layer. The memory foam comfort layer will conform to your body’s curves, resulting in soothing pressure relief. Moreover, it does all this without ever giving way to too much sink!
Although it uses memory foam, there is still some room for breathability. The airflow around the mattress remains clean and fresh due to the Purotex treatment. The treatment can combat allergens and mites to provide a genuinely soothing sleep.
The mattress is one-sided, designed by Silentnight to nullify the need to flip the mattress every few years. This long-lasting and durable sleeping support system gets the most relaxation and convenience.
With a firm tension level that is comfortable to rest on, Miracoil Memory Mattress is the best Silentnight mattresses. Sleepers with a heavy build will find it to be the perfect cross between the firm and soft tension levels. They will get the proper support that does not let them sink into the mattress too deep!
Best For Hot Sleepers – Silentnight Eco Comfort Breathe Pocket 1200 Mattress
- Made with Eco Comfort and Eco Breathe fibres and breathable material
- Microclimate sleep system for perfect sleeping conditions
- Mirapocket support system with 1,200 pocket springs and medium to firm tension
- Tufted pillow top to secure all plush fillings
- For hot sleepers: Breathable Coolmax™ Sleep Surface will enhance the cooling effect for hot sleepers. I personally felt no moisture or overheating at night!
- For average weight sleepers: a 1,200 pocket spring count will evenly distribute the weight of an average-sized person for maximised comfort.
- For back sleepers: Zoned Mirapocket support system provides a firm tension level that adds extra support to your spine.
- For allergy sufferers: Eco Comfort and Eco Breathe fibres keep the sleeping environment clean and healthy to prevent stuffiness at night!
- Side sleepers: The firmness rating may be too high for side sleepers who prefer softer mattresses.
- Lightweight sleepers: The firm support may make lightweight sleepers uncomfortable and restless during the night.
Silentnight Eco Comfort Breathe Pocket 1200 Mattress is good for the environment and you. Every eco-friendly mattress is made from sustainable and clean materials, i.e. 150 recyclable bottles go into making this mattress!
Do you get sweaty often while sleeping? This mattress aims to eliminate this uncomfortable and unhygienic situation. Silentnight used horizontally placed Eco-Comfort and vertically placed Eco Breathe fibres. The fibres create a highly breathable sleeping space that cools and airs out any moisture.
These fibres will create an effective Microclimate sleep system no matter how hot it is. So you can sleep in a cool and comfy environment without sweats waking you up in the middle of the night!
The three layers of these breathable fibres are secured with a tufted pillowtop for long-lasting use. This mattress’s breathability and comfort level will never be compromised over time.
Allergy sufferers also greatly benefit from this hypoallergenic mattress. The fibres do not let dirt or mites settle anywhere on the mattress. Since it is foam and FR chemical treatment free, you will not find yourself sneezing over the uncomfortable smell of chemicals.
The sleeping conditions get even better with the firm support and strength of the Mirapocket support system. 1,200 spring count is sufficient for an average weighted sleeper’s comfy sleep.
Moreover, the individual nested placement of the pocket springs personalises the support for every muscle. Your hips and shoulders will get extra-firm support to maintain a healthy back posture while sleeping. No more restless nights due to back pains!
It is not common to find a specifically designed mattress for sleepers who run hot like me. With the Eco Comfort Breathe Pocket 1200 Mattress, you can say goodbye to your overheating woes. If breathability is a priority, you will thoroughly enjoy the benefits of this mattress!
Best For Bad Back – Silentnight Comfort Miracoil Essentials Mattress
- Made with Eco Comfort fibres for an allergy-free sleeping environment
- Miracoil support system with interwoven springs and firm tension
- Micro-quilted soft mattress cover for cushioning
- Zonal support for optimal spinal alignment
- For sleepers with back pain: People who suffer from back issues, like myself, will appreciate this mattress’ Miracoil support system that induces pressure relief across the entire body!
- For stomach sleepers: Stomach sleepers get decent support for their spine and a cushioning feel for their belly from the quilted mattress cover.
- For couples: The open coil interwoven spring system reduces the transfer of partners’ movements to avoid disturbances.
- Lightweight sleepers: The firm tension will be too hard on the pressure points of lightweight sleepers who prefer a plushy comfort feel.
- Side sleepers: Firm feel of the interwoven coils may be harsh for side sleepers who want a more hugging or “sink-in” feeling.
Silentnight Comfort Miracoil Essentials Double-Size Mattress is an absolute bargain for a mattress to ease back pain!
The luxury fillings of this mattress have been sustainably sourced for an extra pillowy feel. Stomach sleepers get the cushioning needed for their stomachs while still getting support for their spinal alignment. Moreover, the high breathability of the fillings will provide allergy sufferers with a cool and calm sleep.
The excellent airflow will keep the mattress fresh, clean, and mite-free for years! You can sink into the snuggly mattress without the worry of breathing in any dust particles.
Do you get sudden back pains during the night? The Miracoil support system does an outstanding job of giving your spine solid support throughout your sleep. Silentnight leverages small, open and interwoven springs to ease the pressure on the painful hotspots.
Miracoil support splits the mattress into different support zones. For instance, I could feel the firm support and stability, especially on the pressure points of my lower back and shoulders. The wiring running from spring to spring allows your weight to be distributed throughout the mattress. Your body gets an instant response from the springs for a supportive sleep!
Since individual springs exert different pressure, this mattress is a godsend for couples with varying sleeping styles. The coils prevent roll-off, so you and your partner get a personalised sleeping environment that doesn’t disturb others.
Although it has open springs, you never feel the harshness of steel springs, thanks to the deep quilted surface layer. You almost feel like you have become weightless as you lie on the mattress’s soft and cuddly surface.
If you have nights of stiff back pain like I have, this mattress’s comfort and support level are ideal. As a single-sided mattress, it is designed to last, so you are not troubled with the task of flipping the mattress.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are Silentnight mattresses worth the money?
From my experience, I can tell that Silentnight likes to show customers various options. The premium quality remains constant whether it is a high profile mattress or a budget-friendly one.
They prove to be a smart buy as Silentnight focuses on comfort, breathability, and support. Instead of optimising just one aspect of the mattress, they focus on being all-rounders.
As for durability, all the mattresses come with a guarantee of three to five years. You will be able to extend the durability of Silentnight’s premium comfort for years to come.
So, going back to the question, Silentnight mattresses are worth the money!
Can an average customer afford the best Silentnight mattress on the market?
Finance is another place where they stand out. Apart from offering excellent budget-friendly prices, I even got the choice of payment in instalments! Through their payment option Klarna, you can pay in instalments, interest-free and hassle-free.
Are all Silentnight mattresses made in the UK?
As one of the UK’s most trusted mattress brands, it should be no surprise that all Silentnight mattressesare made in the UK. They are made to maintain and uphold the British and European mattress standards.
The Silentnight team rigorously tests all mattresses to ensure they meet the standards. As you dive deeper into their website, you will see that every mattress even comes certified by the Forest Stewardship Council.
How do I find a Silentnight mattress that suits my exact needs?
As you might already know, my sleeping pattern is a bit haphazard. I am a side sleeper with back pain which runs hot. So you can imagine my plight at trying to find a mattress that excels at fulfilling all three issues.
I particularly like Silentnight mattress because they understand that needs vary. Instead of letting their customers do the guesswork, they provide them with an online buying guide!
The guide will provide detailed information about firmness rating, mattress cover types, support systems, etc. You can check out these sections and learn more about their mattress offerings.
Even if you are not a mattress addict like me, you will become an expert after reading their guide.