If you have been looking for the best mattress for combo sleepers, you are at the right place. Also, you will get a clear idea of what combo sleeping is here.
A combo sleeper or combination sleeper refers to someone who sleeps in numerous positions throughout the night. They do so to alleviate tensions, or they just like to shift their weight while they slumber.
I am not a combination sleeper myself. However, I do toss and turn around a lot. So, a combo mattress can be beneficial for someone like me.
This article will walk you through the features that make the best mattress for combo sleepers. With the help of my mattress addiction, I will help you pick the mattress with the right price, style and fabrication for you.
So, let’s dive straight into the list of the best mattress for combo sleepers. Here are my top picks for 2021.
- Best mattress for heavy combo sleepers
- Best cooling mattress for combo sleepers
- Best latex mattress for combo sleepers
- Best hybrid mattress for combo sleepers
- Best mattress for combo sleepers who prefer firm
- What firmness is best for combo sleepers?
- What is the best mattress combination?
- What are combination sleepers?
- Can you get a mattress with two different firmness?
The Top Pick For Combo Sleepers- The Elite Mattress By Brook + Wilde
- It has a unique wave technology that adds depth and density.
- It has a thermo-regulating top layer for breathability and cooling.
- The mattress is engineered with 2500 mini pocket springs.
- The top cover is removable and washable.
- For hot sleepers: This has a top cover that is highly breathable and provides the required air circulation. The layers are made of breathable open-cell structures that can help evaporate moisture. It can keep you cool all night.
- For severe back pain: It has an optimal structure to ease pain in the back and shoulder muscles. It can provide support to the spine as well.
- For lightweight sleepers: The structure is optimal for lightweight sleepers. It is firm enough if you are a lightweight sleeper.
- For couples: It can be quite hard for two people with different sleeping styles to sleep on this mattress. This is because it gives the contouring effects to the whole mattress, not a particular side. This might make your partner uncomfortable.
- For heavyweight sleepers: This mattress is not suitable for you if you are a heavyweight sleeper. It is not optimised for weights more than 127kg (280lbs).
This mattress is designed to give you a deep and restful sleep. The Elite mattress by Brook + Wilde is an ideal mattress for combo sleepers. It has ‘layer after layer of comfort’ to roll around all you want.
The first layer is a breathable, washable top cover that allows excellent air circulation. The second layer is a foam protector that removes the friction between the foam and fabric. This will allow the foam and the top layers to function to their full potential.
The foam is a next-generation high-quality structure that supports the spine and eases pain, even when constantly shifting position. It has a unique open cell structure that increases breathability and moisture evaporation. So, if you are a hot sleeper, this can be helpful too.
The next layer is engineered to change form as you move. It has 2500 mini pocket springs. This part will help you sleep in all the positions you want. The bounce and pushback it can provide you will let you sleep with total comfort.
Additionally, it has clever wave technology with an extra layer of 1000 more springs. The base is also non-slip, which can be perfect on divan, wood or metal frames.
If you move around a lot and don’t want to spend on a new bed frame, this can be the one for you.
Luxury Pick- Tempur Sensation Elite 25 Memory Foam Mattress
- It is highly responsive with excellent body contouring.
- This mattress allows for ease of movement with full-body support.
- It provides Tempur Dynamic Support technology.
- The outer layer is made of QuickRefresh fabric that has a zip fastening.
- For combo sleepers: It has deep layers of responsive materials. The mattress is effective in providing good contouring. It can also allow movements.
- For side sleepers: It is easy on the shoulders and limbs. This is a good choice for side sleepers.
- For couples: The memory foam contours with movement only on the side of the bed required. It’s a good pick for couples.
- For hot sleepers: It is not cool enough for hot sleepers. The materials are not great in terms of coolness.
- For heavyweight sleepers: The support and firmness are not perfect for heavyweight users.
This is the best mattress for combo sleepers among luxury mattresses. It comes with a deep layer of Tempur’s responsive material. I felt its effect contouring my body as I moved. It is also good on pressure points and pain in limbs.
This luxury pick provides you with ease of movement while delivering an undisturbed sleep. The mattress has a breathable outer cover. It is made of QuickRefresh fabric to remove the whole cover and clean it.
It is a quilted mattress with no springs with an excellent filling that can provide comfort in moving around. It offers full-body support in all positions throughout the night.
Although the outer cover is breathable, it is not cool enough for a hot sleeper like me. It can provide a level of coolness, but the top could have been better since it is a luxury product. Polyester is not a material known for breathability.
The memory foam is highly effective. It contours to the shape of your body and aligns with it every time it moves. The Tempur viscoelastic material layers support the durable functioning of the foam.
This mattress can be a perfect choice if you are a combo sleeper looking for a luxury mattress. Also, you can pick this mattress if you are someone who does not sweat a lot in your sleep.
Best Pick For Couples- Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam Mattress
- It has an Octaspring technology that makes it eight times more breathable.
- The mattress core is customisable.
- It has a Climalite silver cover for moisture-wicking.
- It consists of an S-shaped core for better spine alignment.
- For couples: The foam contours only on the side of the bed are required. It is an ideal choice for couples of different sleeping types.
- For hot sleepers: It is eight times more breathable than traditional mattresses.
- For severe back pain: It has exceptional S-shaped support in the middle of the mattress. This will ease the pain in your lower back and shoulders.
- For side sleepers: Although contouring is good, it may not be ideal for side sleepers. The S shape is excellent for back sleepers and not for people who sleep primarily on their side.
- For lightweight users: The firmness is not suitable for lightweight sleepers. It should have been more supportive for people weighing above 68 kgs to 70 kgs.
Are you the combo sleeper who disturbs your partner all night with your turning and tossing? A mattress suitable for couples who are combo sleepers can help you.
In that case, I highly recommend the Dormeo S Plus Memory Foam mattress. It has a supportive layer of memory foam. The viscoelastic material can mould your body shape and prevent your partner from getting disturbed.
It has an innovative breathable Octaspring technology that is about 8 times more breathable than the standard memory foam. It can move in three dimensions and provide extreme comfort night after night.
The mattress core is customisable, and it can interchange independently of one another. This can provide you with the necessary flexibility for people with different sleeping styles. It provides dual-personalised support and comfort on both sides of the mattress.
This mattress has unique Octasprings that can provide three different types of support and strength. It can be comfortable and support your legs, shoulders, head, and torso.
This mattress has a specialised S-shaped spring that runs through the centre of the mattress. It can customise support as you move around, and it will be effective only on your particular side of the bed.
The mattress also comes with easy-to-use handles that you can use to rotate it.
Best Spring Mattress- Vispring Plymouth Supreme 1200 Pocket Spring Mattress
- It has Plymouth Supreme 1200 pocket springs
- The springs are made of vanadium steel nested in a honeycomb formation.
- The fillings are all-natural materials, including pure cotton and New Zealand wool.
- It has an M-PURE cover that is chemical-free
- For hot sleepers: The natural fillings include New Zealand wool and pure cotton that provide a consistent airflow throughout the night. The cushions also remove moisture.
- For couples: The mattress has hand-nested pocket springs in a honeycomb shape, adding more comfort. This soft layering can remove body rolls. It can be a perfect choice for couples.
- For back sleepers: The 1200 vanadium steel pocket springs and incredibly soft components provide back sleepers with excellent back support.
- Lightweight sleepers: This mattress may be too firm if you are a lightweight sleeper. The spring can be especially firm and sturdy for lightweight sleepers.
- Heavyweight stomach sleepers: Heavyweight sleepers require more firmness than what this mattress can provide.
The Plymouth Supreme 1200 range of mattresses by Vispring is an excellent choice for combo sleepers. The mattress is crafted with an ingenious design with a pocketed vanadium steel spring system. It is made of natural materials manufactured to provide a high level of comfort.
The mattress is filled with layers of New Zealand wool known for its excellent insulation properties. It has another layer of breathable pure cotton. This can provide consistent airflow all night.
Additionally, this mattress provides cushioned support and removes moisture away while you doze off. This will also ensure your sleep environment is hygienic. These materials are also sourced with the principles of sustainability and environmental friendliness.
The vanadium spring system is crafted with hand-nested springs in a formation that looks like a honeycomb. This can offer high responsiveness and adequate support for your movements during sleep. It also helps in maintaining the structure and the firmness of the mattress.
The cover is made of an exclusive chemical-free material known as M-PURE. The mattress has undergone various tests mandated by the British Safety & Fire Regulations. The mattress is also made from bio-based raw materials with the most diminutive carbon footprint.
This Vispring mattress comes with a 30-year guarantee as well. It is durable and reliable throughout usage.
Best Affordable Pick- Puffy Mattress
- It features a cooling gel-infused top layer.
- It comes with cushy memory foam.
- It has outstanding motion isolation.
- It has a 100% polyester cover.
- For side sleepers: This mattress is ideal for lightweight side sleepers weighing less than 104 kg (230 lbs). They do not compress the foam too much, so the medium firmness is exceptionally comfortable.
- For couples: Motion isolation makes this a great pick for couples that share a bed. One person’s movements will not affect the other, even if they get in or out of bed or roll over.
- This mattress does not squeak or creak in response to the movement for those who need a quiet mattress. It is a pretty silent mattress that lets you move around freely.
- For front sleepers: While side sleepers may enjoy this mattress, stomach sleepers will find it challenging to align their hips and spine. It could cause back pain and stiffness.
- Heavyweight sleepers: The firmness range can be very little for heavyweight sleepers. It provides a low firmness when compared to other mattresses in the market.
This Puffy mattress is a pretty moderately priced product with some incredible features. With a firmness waiting of 5, it is a boon for side sleepers like brother Leon.
It has a contouring sleep surface that feels a lot like a cradle. The memory foam is also highly responsive.
This mattress comes with two comfort layers that go about two inches deep each. On top is the Cooling Cloud layer, which is gel-infused memory foam. It offers a comfortable sleeping experience while also relieving pressure.
Related Read: Best Rated Memory Foam Mattress
The second layer is known as the Climate Comfort polyfoam. It works as a transition layer between the Cooling Cloud and the support layers. It helps you sleep comfortably and prevents you from sinking into the mattress.
This Puffy mattress comes with motion isolation, which is excellent for people that tend to move a lot in their sleep and have to share their bed. Suppose you or your partner move in the night. In that case, this mattress will ensure that one person is not disturbed or uncomfortable due to another.
However, this mattress can trap heat pretty quickly. When the memory foam heats up, it can be uncomfortable for some people. Hot sleepers may want to look elsewhere, especially if your partner loves cuddling as much as mine does.
The Puffy Mattress also offers a great degree of pressure relief. The comfort layers ensure that your weight is distributed evenly and minimises pressure points. Truth be told, it feels a lot like a hug!
For an all-foam mattress, the edge support offered by Puffy is commendable. The edges may dip a little when you’re around them, but there is a decent level of reinforcement. It is comfortable for lightweight sleepers weighing less than 104 kg (230 lbs). Although, anyone considering more may find themselves sinking in this mattress.
When you first open the box, you may observe a considerable amount of off-gassing odour. However, most of the scent tends to fade within a day, and the rest goes away in another 24 hours.
Best For Back Pain- Nectar Memory Foam Mattress
- It has 5 layers to provide comfort and support
- It consists of a custom-designed adaptive cooling cover that circulates fresh air.
- This mattress has a smart memory foam that provides a soft and responsive surface.
- It has a supportive zone with seven bases.
- For combo sleepers: It is excellent for combination sleepers since it has thick memory foam that hugs your body as you jump onto the mattress. You can sink in the comfortable feeling.
- For back pain: This mattress can provide exceptional pain relief. It can be effective, especially on pressure points on the hips and shoulders.
- For side sleepers: It is suitable for side sleepers since it can offer the required cushioning effects for shoulders and limbs.
- For heavyweight sleepers: The firmness is medium, which is not optimal for heavyweight sleepers. It cannot provide the necessary support for you if you are a heavyweight sleeper.
- For hot sleepers: It does have a heat-trapping base. However, the surface is not cool enough for a hot sleeper like me.
This is a great mattress that has the perfect firmness I was always looking for in a mattress. The mattress has a 25-cm thick medium-firm memory foam. It hugs your body gently as you sleep throughout the night.
It is a bed-in-a-box mattress with multiple layers of high-quality memory foam. Once you jump onto this bed, it gives you a quicksand-like experience but with extreme comfort.
If you are looking for contouring and pressure relief, this can be the best choice. The layers of this foam mattress get firmer from top to bottom. Hence, it provides a cushioning effect as well as the necessary support.
This mattress relieves body pain, especially on the back. It also has excellent overall support that provides sufficient pressure relief on the hips and shoulders.
It is firm enough to provide stability while you sleep in one position. It is also sufficiently buoyant to offer a level of bounce back as you move around. I especially like the firmness it provides after every movement.
The cover is made of polyethene. It is breathable enough and keeps the mattress cool. The layers are made of gel memory foam, where the gel decreases the memory foam’s heat-trapping ability. The base support foam comprises high-quality, durable materials.
Best Memory Foam Mattress- Emma Original Memory Foam Mattress
- It has adaptive foam layers that can provide stable support.
- The top cover is made of unique climate fibre that can regulate humidity.
- It has an Airogocell foam that provides body contouring to point-elasticity
- It has open pores for moisture-wicking and air ventilation
- For stomach sleepers: The layers of cushioning in this mattress are very adaptive. If you are a stomach sleeper, this can be an excellent choice since it distributes weight evenly on the mattress.
- For hot sleepers: The surface is made of unique climate fibre. It is designed to regulate humidity. It helped me sleep soundly in a cool environment all night.
- For heavyweight sleepers: Its even distribution of weight and firmness makes it perfect for heavyweight sleepers.
- For lightweight sleepers: The firmness is not ideal for lightweight sleepers.
- For side sleepers: Although the cushioning is good, it is not suitable for side sleepers.
This is one of the best memory foam mattresses for combo sleepers. It is crafted with layers of adaptive foam designed to provide pressure relief while sleeping. The layers of foam function together to evenly distribute your weight every time you change position.
It can keep you supported throughout the night with sturdy yet flexible foam. An additional layer of Airogocell foam is designed to contour your body shape. It can adapt to your body shape after movements owing to its point elasticity.
The top cover is made of unique climate fibre that helps regulate humidity. This will ensure you stay cool all night, providing a tranquil sleep. As a hot sleeper myself, I found this feature extremely helpful.
The open pores in the top layer have a moisture-wicking ability to give you better ventilation. It also has a cushioning layer made from visco-elastic memory foam. It provides the required contouring for a combo sleeper.
It has an optimally firm bottom layer. This layer consists of high-quality components that can provide you with adequate pressure to support your back. It is perfect for your lower back and tired limbs.
The manufacturer of Emma mattresses provides a 200-night trial that you can use to adjust the mattress to your comfort level. Go for the trial and sleep like a baby!
Best Medium Tension Mattress- Simba Hybrid Mattress
- It has ingeniously crafted cone-shaped miQro pocket springs.
- This mattress has five layers of a hybrid design that enhances airflow.
- It has about 2500 springs in a king-sized model.
- The surface is made of hypoallergenic fabric.
- For back sleepers: This mattress provides softness and optimal support for back sleepers. It is also easy on the pain and pressure points in the lower back.
- For hot sleepers: The Simbatex foam has an open-cell structure that regulates heat and keeps you cool all night.
- For side sleepers: The tension and support offered by the mattress are ideal for side sleepers. The firmness is also suitable for side sleepers.
- For couples: Changes in foam structure during a change in body position are not ideal for couples. These changes occur on all sides of the bed, disturbing your partner.
- For heavyweight sleepers: The mattress has high tension and low firmness for heavyweight sleepers.
This UK-made mattress is my top pick for the best medium-tension mattress for a combo sleeper. It is engineered to provide a cloud-like softness and strong support for all types of sleepers. However, I find it very effective for combination sleepers.
The mattress contains 2,500 springs in a king-size model made of 100 per cent British steel. The springs are cone-shaped, which is a patented miQro pocket spring design. They are lightweight and provide excellent individual responses.
It has a highly breathable hypoallergic fabric cover providing a soft sleeping surface. The second layer is Simbatex foam with an open cell structure that uses graphite technology to cool and reduce heating.
An additional reflex layer can mould your body shape as you switch positions. It will also help you sink into the bed after changing position. This can be extremely useful for combo sleepers.
The foam base is crafted with zoned supports to provide the perfect tension. Seven zones can give different levels of firmness and support. This can provide the necessary strength that the mattress requires every time you change positions.
This product also has a 200-night trial option. You can check to see if it can help you sleep better. I highly recommend it for combination sleepers who do not sweat profusely at night.
Frequently Asked Questions- Best Mattress For Combo Sleepers
I am bringing some of the most frequently asked questions about the best mattress for combo sleepers. With this, I hope to provide you with answers that can be genuinely beneficial.
What does it mean to be a combo sleeper?
Combo sleepers sleep in more than one or two positions throughout the night. Hence, they need multiple kinds of support. They mainly use three positions to sleep in: the stomach, back and side.
This may come in choosing a mattress that suits them at different positions. If you find a mattress suitable for side sleepers, it may not be optimal for stomach sleepers. Hence, it can be hard to find the optimal mattress for all the positions.
What are the benefits of being a combo sleeper?
Combo sleepers have their advantages. They can enjoy sleeping in all positions without going through the adverse effects of sleeping in one position only.
For example, if you are a side sleeper like I am, it can stress your shoulders. I sleep primarily on my right. Hence, I get frequent aches on my right shoulder. For combo sleepers, this is not an issue.
Also, suppose you are a combo sleeper. In that case, you can enjoy the benefits of sleeping in each position and the benefits of switching. Another example is that switching from side sleeping to back sleeping can help blood circulation.
Is a memory foam mattress better than a spring mattress for combo sleepers?
Combination sleepers require the benefits of several mattresses in one. It can range anywhere from low firm to medium-firm in terms of firmness. Also, it may vary from ultra-soft to medium sturdy in terms of softness.
Generally, a memory foam mattress can provide combo sleepers’ firmness and softness. They can contour your body better.
However, numerous spring mattresses on the market can provide the same softness and firmness. The manufacturers offer extra attention to engineering spring mattresses that suit combo sleepers.
For example, as the name suggests, the Vispring Plymouth Supreme 1200 Pocket Spring Mattress is a Spring mattress. Like any memory foam mattress, it can provide comfort and contouring for a combo sleeper.
Are hybrid mattresses any good for combo sleepers?
Hybrid mattresses are usually more effective for combination sleepers than spring mattresses or memory foam mattresses. It can combine the contouring effects of memory foam with the firmness of spring support.
Additionally, they can give pressure relief better than memory foam or spring mattresses since they have transitioning layers. It can integrate responsiveness with body contouring to an optimal level for combo sleepers. Hence, they are perfect for combination sleepers.
If you are specifically looking for a hybrid mattress, you can check out the Simba Hybrid mattress. It can be especially effective for combo sleepers.
All you have to do is pick the one that checks all your boxes. As always, you decide what the best is, in this case, the best mattress for combo sleepers.