Consistent, undisturbed sleep can sometimes seem like a luxury, especially if you frequently travel or suffer from chronic back problems. However, what’s the best hypnos mattress to improve your sleep quality?
I discovered Hypnos mattresses on my quest for better sleep. These top-tier mattresses, some with a royal warrant, are renowned for their quality and comfort. I was eager to experience the royal treatment, and I wasn’t disappointed when I tried out a few Hypnos mattresses.
Let me share my top picks for the best Hypnos mattresses, which will hopefully help you find the perfect one for your needs.
The Final Comparison Table- Best Hypnos Mattress
- Hypnos Deluxe Mattress (Pocket Spring) – Best For Side Sleepers
- – Best For Back Sleepers
- – Best For Front Sleepers
- – Best For Combo Sleepers
- – Best For Couples
- – Best For Hot Sleepers
- – Best For Back Pain
The Top Pick- Hypnos Superb Pillow Top Mattress
- No need to turn over the mattress
- ReActive pocket spring system with 1600 individual springs
- Layers of natural British lambswool, mohair, and cashmere
- Additional Solotex cushioning
- Hot sleepers: Excellent breathability and heat regulation make it perfect for hot sleepers. As a hot sleeper myself, I enjoyed a comfortable and relaxed night’s sleep.
- Back pain sufferers: The ReActive pocket springs offer excellent cushioning and pressure point relief, which I personally experienced throughout the night.
- Couples: The pillow top is smooth, silky, and supportive, helping to minimise body rolls and disturbances, making it great for sharing with a partner.
- Heavyweight sleepers: The mattress may not be suitable for those weighing over 120 kg (264 lbs) as it lacks the required firmness.
- Lightweight sleepers: Though comfortable and soft, the mattress may not offer the optimal firmness for those weighing less than 59 kg (130 lbs), making it less cost-effective.
Ever wondered why Premier Inn mattresses are so comfortable? It’s because they use Hypnos mattresses, and I believe this model is the one they use.
Featuring luxury elements like the ReActive pocket spring system, this no-turn mattress is an excellent choice if you suffer from back pain. The king-size model boasts 1600 individual springs, providing the responsive support you need at a reasonable price.
This firm mattress with a pillow top appeals to those who prefer a softer sleep surface. The silky pillow top made me feel like I was sinking into the bed.
The Hypnos mattress is upholstered with layers of mohair, cashmere, and British lambswool for durability and breathability, while the lambswool helps regulate heat. Its hypoallergenic nature makes it suitable for those with asthma or common allergies.
Solotex filling adds a bouncy feel that I enjoyed when trying to fall asleep. It was soft and cushioned, providing comfort for my arms and legs throughout the night.
Hand-tufted for increased durability, the mattress offers edge-to-edge support and a cool, soft viscose cover for a deep sleep experience. Remarkably, this fantastic mattress costs less than £1000, making it a valuable option considering Hypnos mattresses usually range from £2000 to £3000.
With excellent features and reasonable pricing, it’s easy to see why this mattress is my top pick.
Best Pick For Side Sleepers- Hypnos Deluxe Mattress
- Excellent responsive support
- ReActive pocket spring system with 1800 individual springs in a king-size mattress
- Additional edge support with two rows of side stitching
- Talalay latex, flax, British lambswool, cashmere, and bamboo fillings
- Side sleepers: This mattress is a great choice for side sleepers due to its medium firmness, allowing your hips and shoulders to sink in comfortably while offering the right amount of bounceback.
- Couples: Its versatility makes it an excellent option for couples, as the pillowy feel can accommodate various sleeping styles, and the springs minimise disturbance between partners.
- Stomach sleepers: The mattress provides the necessary balance for stomach sleepers, offering softness and stability.
- Heavyweight sleepers: Hypnos Deluxe Pocket Spring is not suitable for heavyweight sleepers (above 120 kg or 264 lbs) as the firmness is not optimised for this weight range.
- Sleepers with severe back issues: While this Hypnos mattress can alleviate mild back discomfort, it is not the best choice for those with severe back pain, as the springs are not specifically designed to address this issue.
As a side sleeper, I found the Hypnos Deluxe Pocket Spring to be an excellent mattress choice. Its medium firmness allowed my hips and shoulders to sink in comfortably while providing the right amount of bounceback.
Though this mattress is well-suited for side sleepers, it is also suitable for back, front, and other types of sleepers, making it a versatile option for couples with differing sleeping preferences.
The natural, high-quality fillings in this mattress include cashmere, bamboo, and flax, ensuring ultimate comfort. Additionally, multiple layers of British lambswool create a soft, pillowy feel, while the Talalay latex offers buoyancy and gentle cushioning, which significantly eased my back pain.
Environmentally conscious individuals will appreciate the sustainable components, such as bamboo, which require less water and grow faster than many other upholstery materials.
The mattress’s 1800 individual springs in the king-size model provide a highly responsive sleep experience, allowing me to feel truly relaxed after a long, tiring day.
A 100% viscose cover ensures a soft surface that remains cool throughout the night, and despite its multiple layers of filling, the mattress remains surprisingly lightweight.
At approximately £1500 for the king-size Hypnos Deluxe Pocket Spring, the mattress offers great value for the quality and comfort it provides.
Best Pick for Firm Hypnos Mattress- Elite Mattress
- 2800 individual springs in a king size mattress
- It has a fine viscose casing
- It has luxury cushioning
- Two rows of side-stitching for extra edge support
- For hot sleepers: The mattress is breathable with layers of British lambswool, allowing cool airflow.
- For people with back pain: The springs and the Solotex trade reshape according to your body and reduce back pain. It can be comfortable as you move around as well.
- For side sleepers: The Solotex luxury cushioning will reshape your alignment.
- Light sleepers: You will sometimes feel the movement if your partner or pet sleeps next to you. This can wake you up quickly.
- For partners: The springs do not adjust enough every time your partner moves. It can be disturbing.
This luxurious mattress is ideal if you are looking for a medium-firm mattress. It is a premium luxury mattress with the best Hypnos mattress regarding firmness. Honestly, I felt like rolling around in the clouds the first time I slept on it, even though it is medium firm.
It has a massive spring count, which is 2800 pocket springs. It is a very high number and makes this product stand apart. The mattress provides excellent firmness. Also, the springs are made of superior quality components that can last long without sagging over time.
The pocket springs provide a solid combination of stability and conformity to reduce back pain during sleeping. I believe the springs helped me get some good sleep on this mattress.
The upholstering in this mattress is as premium as its price. It has the usual Hypnos quality layers of natural British Lambswool.
This mattress also has camel wool layering that provides you with ultra-soft cushioning. The camel wool provides the required breathability. I am a hot sleeper, and this mattress felt incredibly cool for a stuffed upholstery.
The filling also has Solotex trade for a luxury cushioning experience. It is made of nylon, polyester and polyurethane to bring softness to the mattress. It helps reshape your mattress to your shape optimally while moving around in your sleep.
However, it has a drawback. I do not fall asleep quickly. So, every time my girlfriend moved around, I felt it, and my attempts to sleep got ruined.
Thus, if you are not a heavy sleeper, this mattress is for you, especially for a couple of sleepers. You will find it disturbing every time your partner moves around or gets up.
On the other hand, it is among the best Hypnos mattresses if you are a hot sleeper. The viscose covering and the camel wool kept the mattress relaxedly cool all night.
Best Luxury Pick- Hypnos Woolcott Pillow Top Mattress
- 2800 individual springs in a king-size mattress
- Fine viscose casing
- Luxury cushioning
- Two rows of side-stitching for extra edge support
- Hot sleepers: With layers of British lambswool, the mattress offers breathability and cool airflow.
- People with back pain: The springs and Solotex cushioning conform to your body and help reduce back pain, providing comfort as you move.
- Side sleepers: The Solotex luxury cushioning adapts to your alignment.
- Light sleepers: If you share the bed with a partner or pet, you may feel their movements, which can disrupt your sleep.
- Partners: The springs may not adjust sufficiently to your partner’s movements, leading to disturbances.
The Elite Mattress is an excellent choice if you’re seeking a medium-firm, luxurious mattress. As one of the best Hypnos mattresses in terms of firmness, it provided me with a cloud-like sleeping experience, despite its medium-firm support.
With a high spring count of 2800 pocket springs, this mattress stands out from the rest, offering exceptional firmness. Moreover, the springs are made of high-quality components that resist sagging over time.
These pocket springs combine stability and conformity to alleviate back pain during sleep, which I believe contributed to my restful slumber on this mattress.
The upholstery of the Elite Mattress showcases Hypnos’ signature quality with layers of natural British lambswool. Additionally, it features a camel wool layer that offers ultra-soft cushioning and breathability. As a hot sleeper, I found this mattress to be remarkably cool, despite its plush filling.
The filling also includes Solotex cushioning, a blend of nylon, polyester, and polyurethane that adds softness to the mattress. This material helps the mattress conform to your shape as you move during sleep.
However, there is one drawback: I’m a light sleeper, so whenever my girlfriend moved, I could feel it, and my sleep was disrupted.
Therefore, if you’re a light sleeper, especially when sharing the bed with a partner, you may find this mattress less suitable due to the potential disturbances caused by movement.
On the other hand, if you’re a hot sleeper, the Elite Mattress is an excellent Hypnos option, as the viscose cover and camel wool keep the mattress comfortably cool throughout the night.
Best Pick for Back Pain- Hypnos Sublime Pillow Top Mattress
- It has advanced ReActive Pocket Spring Systems with 3000 springs
- It is upholstered with camel and fleece wool for gentle support
- It has an integral pillow-top
- Belgian damask cover for comfort and cooling
- For back sleepers: The natural upholstery with the high spring count provides a comfy sleeping surface. The ultra-soft cover will be easy on the back and limbs. This is very suitable for back sleepers.
- For lightweight sleepers: This is a soft mattress with optimal firmness for lightweight sleepers. The extra layer of cushioning offers the required flexibility and support.
- For side sleepers: The cushioning of cashmere and camel wool can be extremely gentle on your shoulders and hips. The springs give the necessary buoyancy and support.
- For heavyweight sleepers: It is not optimal for heavyweight sleepers since the spring and the surface is too gentle for heavy movements. It lacks the firmness heavyweight sleepers require for a good night’s sleep.
- For sleepers with severe back issues: Hypnos Superb Pillow Top Pocket Spring Mattress is not suitable for people with severe back pains. The springs are not optimised for the control of pain. It cannot reduce excessive pressure on pressure points.
This mattress seems like an upgrade to Hypnos Superb Pillow Top Pocket Spring mattresses. It has more springs, and the filling is also upgraded to camel wool. The pocket spring count is 3200, with a higher buoyancy and support.
The camel wool and layers of superior quality cashmere provide you with a soft and comfortable feeling. It also includes fleece wool that helps in giving a soft sleeping surface. The natural upholstering makes it ultra-soft, giving you a heavenly feel all night.
This also has an extra layer of cushioning above the mattress, which can be helpful if you have chronic back pain and trouble falling asleep, as I do. It will also be beneficial to cuddle your partner all night while sleeping.
The cover is made of a luxury silky Belgian damask that is incredibly soft. It is free of any chemicals and provides excellent cooling throughout the night. It can regulate the temperature to a comfortable level.
This is a no-turn mattress. You have to rotate the mattress from head to foot end often. This can ensure a durable, soft and supportive sleeping surface.
The three hand-stitched rows are tailored for perfection, making it among the best luxury Hypnos mattresses available on the market. The hand-tufted finish also provides edge-to-edge support.
The edge support, the extra layer of cushioning and the velvety sleeping surface supported my back. It was also helpful in easing the pain throughout the night. It is 31 cm deep and provides a medium level of tension that was perfect for me.
The superior quality materials have made it soft and durable. The breathability of the mattress is extremely helpful for a hot sleeper like me. This mattress also has a 10-year guarantee.
Best Upholstery Mattress- Hypnos Kingswood Turnable Mattress
- Advanced ReActive Pocket Spring System with 3000 springs
- Upholstered with camel and fleece wool for gentle support
- Integral pillow-top
- Belgian damask cover for comfort and cooling
- Back sleepers: The natural upholstery and high spring count create a comfortable sleeping surface, while the ultra-soft cover is gentle on the back and limbs, making it suitable for back sleepers.
- Lightweight sleepers: With optimal firmness for lightweight sleepers, this soft mattress provides the necessary flexibility and support due to its extra layer of cushioning.
- Side sleepers: The cashmere and camel wool cushioning offers gentle support for shoulders and hips, while the springs provide buoyancy.
- Heavyweight sleepers: This mattress is not optimal for heavyweight sleepers, as its gentle spring and surface support may not provide the firmness required for a good night’s sleep.
- Sleepers with severe back issues: The Hypnos Sublime Pillow Top Mattress is not suitable for individuals with severe back pain, as the springs are not optimised for pain control or pressure point reduction.
The Sublime Pillow Top Mattress is an upgraded version of the Hypnos Superb Pillow Top Pocket Spring mattress, featuring more springs and an improved filling that includes camel wool. Boasting a pocket spring count of 3200, it provides enhanced buoyancy and support.
Camel wool and layers of high-quality cashmere offer a soft, comfortable sleeping experience. The addition of fleece wool contributes to a soft sleeping surface, while the natural upholstery creates an ultra-soft, heavenly feel throughout the night.
The extra cushioning layer above the mattress is helpful for those, like myself, who experience chronic back pain and difficulty falling asleep. It also promotes comfortable cuddling with your partner during sleep.
The silky, luxurious Belgian damask cover is chemical-free and delivers excellent cooling, regulating temperature for a comfortable night’s sleep.
As a no-turn mattress, it requires rotation from head to foot end regularly, ensuring a durable, soft, and supportive sleeping surface.
The three hand-stitched rows are tailored to perfection, making this one of the best luxury Hypnos mattresses available. The hand-tufted finish also provides edge-to-edge support.
With edge support, an extra cushioning layer, and a velvety sleeping surface, this mattress was able to support my back and ease pain throughout the night. At 31 cm deep, its medium tension level was perfect for me.
The use of superior-quality materials ensures a soft, durable mattress with excellent breathability, ideal for hot sleepers like myself. Additionally, this mattress comes with a 10-year guarantee.
Frequently Asked Questions- Best Hypnos Mattress
Do I need a divan to use the Hypnos mattress?
A divan is not required to use a Hypnos mattress, but it can provide a more suitable base than standard bed frames. Hypnos mattresses can be used on any bed frame, including slatted ones, as long as the slats are no more than three inches apart.
If the gap is larger, the frame may be too firm, preventing you from enjoying the full benefits of the Hypnos mattress. I have personally experimented with various mattresses and bed frames, and the base can indeed impact the overall comfort.
If you place a Hypnos mattress on a slatted bed, you may be disappointed. However, some bed frames can still work well with a Hypnos mattress despite their firmness.
It is advisable to purchase a Hypnos mattress and divan base together, as they are designed to complement each other in terms of support and style. If you prefer a firm bed, you can still opt for a bed frame. Keep in mind that an unsuitable base can lead to premature wear on the mattress and may even invalidate the guarantee.
How long will a Hypnos mattress last?
Hypnos mattresses are engineered for durability and reliability, often lasting longer than many other mattresses on the market. Different models have varying lifespans, ranging from 2 to 10 years. You can find warranty details for each product on the manufacturer’s website or confirm with your retailer.
For instance, the Hypnos Sublime Pillow Top Pocket Spring mattress comes with a 10-year guarantee, indicating its potential to last a decade. Proper maintenance, such as using the right base and following care instructions like regular turning and rotating, can extend the lifespan of your mattress. With adequate care, Hypnos mattresses can even outlast their guaranteed time.
Why are Hypnos mattresses tufted and not quilted like most other mattresses?
Tufting holds the layers of a mattress together, such as the fleece wool, camel wool, and Solotex layers found in the Hypnos Sublime Pillow Top Pocket Spring mattress. Quilting, an alternative to tufting, involves stitching layers of materials together using long threads. In quilted mattresses, the layers are often stitched side to side.
Tufting is typically found in higher-quality mattresses, which is why manufacturers and consumers prefer it. It also helps maintain the durability of organic materials, which can degrade over time, even if they are of high quality.
While other methods, such as solid foam and foam top mattresses, can also hold layers together, tufted Hypnos mattresses offer superior strength and longevity compared to quilted ones.
In conclusion, I hope my experience with Hypnos mattresses helps you find the perfect one to sleep away your stress!